When I was a child, my family used to eat this at least once a week due to the fact that it is inexpensive and a little goes a long way. We also added fresh herbs or sometimes whole kernel corn. Its even better the next day and it freezes well.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad.