1/28 Photos of Poverty Meal
When I was a child, my family used to eat this at least once a week due to the fact that it is inexpensive and a little goes a long way. We also added fresh herbs or sometimes whole kernel corn. Its even better the next day and it freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- 2Brown ground beef and drain.
- 3Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
- 4Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- 5If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
- 6Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poverty Meal
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.6
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 624.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 31.7 g