Recipe by Annacia
Next stop, Canada! Lets face it poutine is quintessentially Canadian. Of course the folks up here in the north would make it into a burger. Are you game? From :Burgers Here and There
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 brioche buns
- butter (at room temperature)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (because you'll likely never find fresh cheese curds!)
- 2 cups cooked French fries (preferably thick cut)
- 2 cups hot chicken gravy (purchased or homemade) or 2 cups beef gravy (purchased or homemade)
- caramelized onion (as much as you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- caramelize the onions (or at least cook them soft) in a pan and set aside.
- Mix ground beef with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties, grill to desired doneness.
- In the meantime, shred the cheese so it will melt better and slice the brioche buns and spread butter on each side, grill until lightly browned (you can also use just two buns if you want to do open faced sandwiches).
- Place cooked patties on the grilled buns. Add the shredded cheese then hot fries to each burger and pour on a generous helping of gravy and top with caramelized onions. Serve hot.