Recipe by Mini Ravindran
The name says it all...absolute must for all the mushroom lovers out there...smooth as silk gravy!!
Top Review by yogi
This is a wonderful gravy! Very easy to make. I was skepical of the tomato sauce in it, but it works very well. I didn't have any white wine so used red. Delicious with my veggie 'chicken' but I can't wait to try it with potatoes or rice.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushroom pieces (finely chopped or diced)
- 1 cup sodium-free vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in little cold water)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion and mushrooms in a small amount (one tablespoon of Canola) oil.
- Mix dissolved cornstarch into a cup of vegetable broth.
- Slowly add to onions and mushrooms.
- Add the other ingredients too.
- Check the seasonings and cook gently until thickened.
- Use on vegetables, over cooked rice or noodles, in casseroles, or over mashed potatoes.