Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 9-inch layers of chocolate cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, roasted, unsalted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 lbs semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- FOR CAKE:
- Slice round cake layers horizontally in half to make 4 round cake layers.
- Place 1 layer on plate and top with Fudge Icing, Caramel Sauce and Cashews.
- Repeat with next 2 cake layers.
- Place final cake layer on top, frost top and sides of cake with Fudge Icing and cover sides of cake with chopped cashews.
- FUDGE ICING:
- Bring cream to boil.
- Stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- This will be very soft but will harden when cooled.
- Refrigerate until workable consistency.
- NOTE: The time it takes to get to a workable consistency depends on the weather.
- This is much like making fudge candy.
- The author, (Arlene Lightsey), made this sauce on a cool, clear day and had no problem.
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- Bring first 4 ingredients to boil and reduce to thick syrup.
- Very carefully, (because it will splatter), add cream.
- Refrigerate until cool.