Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you need a new way to cook pork chops fast here it is. The preparation takes longer than the cooking time.
- 1 boneless pork chop (I use thick chops from Costco and one makes two servings.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed
- If using a thick pork chop, cut through the thick part to make two.
- You want your pork chop to be no more than a half inch thick, and thinner if possible.
- Use a piece of plastic wrap to surround the pork.
- Place it on a board and place the board on a sturdy surface.
- Use a board you don't mind being marked as it might be by the hammer.
- Now, have fun. Take out your aggressions on the pork and pound it thin (less than an eighth of an inch).
- It should have at least doubled in area.
- Beat the egg and spices to create an egg wash.
- Place that in a bowl next to a sheet of plastic wrap or waxed paper with cracker crumbs on it.
- Take each piece of meat and drag it through the egg wash and then coat with cracker crumbs.
- Set aside.
- When the meat is all coated, heat a skillet with some butter/margarine.
- Fry each piece of meat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Because the meat is thin this should take no more than about three to four minutes on a side.
Very good.The recipe was so easy and quick. I save the bags from empty cereal
and use them to pound meat and chicken.
They don't rip and the meat or chicken stays put.
I made this same recipe using chicken and it was very good. Thanks for posting it.
Nice recipe. Thanks for posting.
I made this for my husband and I last night and we loved it! We will definitely be making this again!