1/5 Photos of Pound Cake With Swirled Chocolate
1 hr 15 mins
Very moist and fluffy with a delicious taste. I like the fact that it has much less butter than typical pound cakes. In addition, I lowered the fat even more by using nonfat plain yogurt instead of sour cream and it came out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (I used nonfat plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. Lightly tap out excess flour.
- 3Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 4Lower the mixer speed, and stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat just until blended.
- 5Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat just until well combined and smooth.
- 6Beat in the eggs just until well blended.
- 7Spread half of the batter into the pan.
- 8In a small bowl, mix the grated chocolate and cinnamon together.
- 9Sprinkle half of the chocolate mixture over the batter.
- 10Top with the remaining batter.
- 11Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate mixture over the top.
- 12Using a knife, carefully swirl in the chocolate mixture to marbleize.
- 13Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- 14Place pan on a wire rack and let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- 15Run a knife around the edges of the pan, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
- 16(The cake be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap well in foil and store at room temperature).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake With Swirled Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g