Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another one of those wonderful recipes featured on our local television stations noon day news show. This just sounds so very nice and delicious...I have got to make this for one of those special dinners, and I can make everything ahead and put it together just prior to serving how sweet can that be?
- 1 sara lee poundcake, cut into cubes
- 1 pint fresh strawberry, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- of fresh mint (to garnish)
- Place the large, diced pound cake into a storage container.
- Combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, water, sugar and peach schnapps, and mix well. Store in a separate container.
- In a mixing bowl combine mascarpone cheese with real maple (not pancake syrup). Mix well and store in a container.
- Place the pound cake cubes in the center of a bowl. Top with the marinated fruit. Place a nice dollop of the maple mascarpone on top and garnish with fresh mint.