1 hr 5 mins
I just played around with my original pound cake recipe and developed this decadent dessert. A touch of irish cream, toasted almonds and dulce de leche make a regular pound cake an outstanding dessert that will leave you wanting more! And it is also perfect for b-day cakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat margarine
- 1 stick low-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons irish cream (bailey's is great)
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1Preheat you oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream butter and margarine with sugar.
- 3While the butters and sugar cream mix in separated bowl flour an baking powder.
- 4In an other bowl mix orange juice, vanilla and irich cream.
- 5Pour egg yolks into the butter mixture, one at a time.
- 6Mix in the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients alternating.
- 7In a separate bowl, wisk the egg whites until they form soft peeks.
- 8With a large spoon (wooden spoon or spatula) mix in the egg whites into the mixture.
- 9Pour into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 10As soon as it comes out of the oven unmold it. (this will avoid over cooking).
- 11Let it cool for 30 mins, and divide it using a nylon thread.
- 12The nylon thread technic, is very easy and accurate for us who are not too handy with the serrated knife. Just mark with toothpicks the midpoint on the side of your cake in 4 spots.
- 13With a long string of nylon thread, holding it tight, place your right hand in one of the toothpicks and move the left hand around marks passing the thread thru the cake.
- 14In a skillet toast the almonds for 5 mins, until they are crunchy.
- 15Safe a 1/4 cup of dulce de leche and pour it onver one side of the cake
- 16sprinkle almonds over, and top it with the other side of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake With Dulce De Leche Filling
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche