Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
You don't need to be a kid to enjoy this sophisticated take on our childhood favorite. I've used Nutella inplace of the chocolate bars with good success and I'm sure you could substitute other ingredients that to suit your whim of the moment. Have fun!
- 8 -10 ounces semisweet chocolate, in thin bars (Use the best quality chocolate you can find)
- 8 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 16 slices poundcake, 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Break or cut the chocolate bars into roughly the size of the pound cake slices.
- Using a slender knife, but the marshmallows into 1/4" slices; dusting the knife with confectioner's sugar after each slice to keep from sticking.
- Arrange 8 slices of pound cake on a platter and top each with a piece of chocolate and the marshmallow slices.
- Set the remaining poundcake slices on top.
- These s'mores can be prepared several hours prior to grilling, covered will with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Oil the grates of the grill, and then brush one side of the poundcake sandwiches with the melted butter.
- Place s'mores on the hot grates and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the s'mores with some melted butter and carefully turn. Cook 2-4 more minutes.
- Cut s'more in half and enjoy immediately!