Recipe by KittyKitty
This is divine! Purchase a prebaked pound cake from the bakery or the frozen dessert section, to make it simple. Time and servings are for french toast.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 16 slices poundcake (1/2 inch)
- raspberry sauce (optional)
Maple Mint Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- raspberry sauce
- 3 (12 ounce) bags frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together eggs and milk in a shallow dish.
- Dip pound cake slices in egg mixture, evenly coating both sides. Cook pound cake slices in batches, in a lighlty greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple mint cream and raspberry sauce.
- Maple Mint Cream:.
- Beat cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add yogurt, syrup, and mint extract, beat until well blended. 2 cups.
- Raspberry sauce:.
- Process raspberries and sugar in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour mixture through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl, discard seeds. 2 cups.