Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful treat to make from left-over pound cake. I serve the pecan sauce as a dipping sauce with frilly toothpicks in each crouton. I actually think this would be good with ice cream, sprinkled with croutons & topped with the sauce.
- 4 1⁄2 inches sliced butter pound cake, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (frozen or homemade)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- Coat pound cake cubes with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cubes and toss gently to coat. Place on baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 15-30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in whipping cream; return to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store in refrigerator.