Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Once I tried these, I never bothered making 'traditional' sugar cookies again. A soft, flavorful cookie that is a MUST for me at Christmas. Note, the original recipe said they were cut-out cookies but I never was able to get them to work well that way. That is why I make the round ones as described.
- 453.59 g packagebetty crocker golden poundcake mix
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F Mix half of the cake mix (dry), the butter, almond extract and egg in large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in remaining cake mix.
- Divide dough into halves.
- Roll each half 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board. (I like using a half flour, half powdered sugar mix.).
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Or roll into 1-inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Ice with Buttercream Icing (I use Recipe #261024) and decorate, if desired, with sprinkles etc.
- Yields: 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
- TIP: Add sprinkles to the icing and mix well.
- Then ice cookies as usual. They are now decorated without a lot of the mess!
Nice and chewy! Great texture and great taste. I subbed 1 TBSP applesauce for part of the butter and I got 24 good size cookies from the batch, which I frosted and sprinkled with decorative sugar. They only lasted a day and a half between 6 people. My kids already asked me to make them again.
These are EXCELLENT and simple! Rolled out so easy, cut some Christmas cookie shapes, baked them and had the grandkids decorate!
Just great little cookies. Very much like the ones sold on qvc. Just frost and decorate.. yummy!!!!!