1/7 Photos of Pound Cake Cookies
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
Once I tried these, I never bothered making 'traditional' sugar cookies again. A soft, flavorful cookie that is a MUST for me at Christmas. Note, the original recipe said they were cut-out cookies but I never was able to get them to work well that way. That is why I make the round ones as described.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Mix half of the cake mix (dry), the butter, almond extract and egg in large bowl until smooth.
- 2Stir in remaining cake mix.
- 3Divide dough into halves.
- 4Roll each half 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board. (I like using a half flour, half powdered sugar mix.).
- 5Cut into desired shapes.
- 6Or roll into 1-inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- 7Bake until edges are light brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 8Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10Ice with Buttercream Icing (I use Butter Cream Icing (Buttercream Frosting)) and decorate, if desired, with sprinkles etc.
- 11Yields: 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
- 12TIP: Add sprinkles to the icing and mix well.
- 13Then ice cookies as usual. They are now decorated without a lot of the mess!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: