1/1 Photo of Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Mommie's Note:
This is my very first adopted recipe. I have made it as small loaves and it is easy and good. I really didn't think it would turn out because I thought it was such a small amout of flour, but it did. I will be trying it again soon as one whole cake. If anyone makes it please let me know if this is what a pound cake should be like or if I should change the name. Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have all ingredients at room temperature (70F).
- 2Adjust oven racks to divide oven in thirds; preheat oven to 325°F Spray 5 cup loaf pan, bundt pan or tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; sift together and set aside.
- 4In small bowl, whisk together egg and egg whites; set aside.
- 5In small bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla; set aside.
- 6Cut margarine and butter into 1/4" chunks and place in large bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until softened, about 1 minute.
- 7Add sugar gradually, beating constantly, until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 8Gradually dribble in beaten eggs, beating at medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- 9On low speed, beat in 1/3 of the reserved flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl.
- 10On medium-high speed, gradually dribble in 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture, scraping sides of bowl.
- 11On low speed, beat in half of the remaining flour mixture.
- 12On medium-high speed, beat in the rest of the buttermilk mixture, scraping sides of bowl.
- 13On low speed, beat in the remaining flour mixture until well combined (batter may look curdled).
- 14Pour into prepared pan and bake until cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 35-40 minutes for bundt or tube pan, or 65-70 minutes for loaf pan.
- 15Cool on rack 10-15 minutes; invert pan and unmold onto rack to cool completely.
- 16Cut into 12 slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 176.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g