Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich, buttery cake, great sliced with berries and whip cream on top! Yum!!
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar, do not sift
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Beat butter and sugar til creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time beating well after each.
- Blend in flour.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake in 2 greased and floured loaf pans 325 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center is clean.
I prepared this cake exactly as Laurie directed and came up with an excellent tasting Pound Cake! Perfect Texture and flavor with just the right amount of sweetness, I accompanied with fresh cut strawberries, a little vanilla ice cream and a dollop of freshly whipped cream! What a lovely dessert! Thank you so much for sharing, Laurie!
My mother-in-law made this pound cake for a 4th of July family gathering...it was so delicious and a very big hit...she had quite a few requests for the recipe... Thank you for submitting this...
This recipe is easy to make and very good! I put about 3/4's of the batter in one pan, and the rest in the other loaf pan. The smaller cake i cut into 2 inch slices and used as cookies! It was so good!