1/3 Photos of Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Bay Laurel's Note:
How could this recipe not be on RecipeZaar? I tasted a friends delicious pound cake and decided to "try" to make one. Of course,I turned to my cookbook Bible, "Joy of Cooking" for the recipe. I actually followed the directions and it paid off. I will be making this again very soon..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- 2Beat butter in a large bowl at medium high speed for one minute.
- 3Gradually add and beat sugar 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Beat in eggs yolks one at a time
- 5Add in vanilla and beat for one minute.
- 6On low speed,slowly add sifted flour and mix only until thoroughly blended.
- 7Using clean beaters, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt at medium high speed until stiff but not dry.
- 8Fold one quarter of the whites into the batter, then fold in the remaining whites. Scrape the batter into the pans. Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about one hour.
- 9Cool pans on a rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.0
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 265.4 mg
- Sodium 172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g