Recipe by Cleo's Confections
This is a very flavorful recipe. It's absolutly delicious. I have had this with a scoop of ice vanilla ice cream while hot.
- 3 cups flour (pillsbury best)
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butternut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric blender cream together butter, sugar, butter flavored crisco until light and fluffy.
- The mix eggs in a seperate bowl, and then add them one at a time to the sugar mixture.
- In another bowl mix together all extracts and the milk.
- In a seperate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- after combining the sugar mixture and eggs, slowly add the flour mixture and alternate with the milk mixture.
- You should have a batter consistency. and the taste and smell is amazing.
- Pour the batter in either the two small pans evenly or large pan. This cake does rise so make sure to not fill the pans with the batter leave at least a half of an inch from the top or 3 quarters of an inch from the top. better safe than sorry.
- You can use two 8 inches x`3 7/8 in x 2 15/32 in tin foil pans or a large loaf foil pan. grease the pans with a small amount of oil. Enough to get in all the corners.