1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Patti McD's Note:
My Polish Grandmother's version of the timeless classic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter until fluffy, then little by little add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- 2Add boiling water slowly and beat well.
- 3Stir in 1 cup flour and 1 unbeaten egg.
- 4Mix well and repeat one time.
- 5Add baking powder and salt to last cup of flour.
- 6Sift together before adding with the third egg. Alternate with the milk.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- 9Bake at 325 for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 10May double and bake in prepared bundt pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g