Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is my husband's all time favourite cake!! The recipe came from a Betty Crocker cookbook. It is delicious served with sliced strawberries or raspberries and whipped cream. I have also used this cake in trifle.
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine or 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Beat 2 3/4 cups sugar, margarine, eggs & vanilla in large bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly for 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed scraping bowl occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Beat in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk on low speed.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 65 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes before removing cake from pan.
- For glaze: Combine 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over warm cake.
- *Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe*
- Note: I always use half-and-half in place of evaporated milk.
hello snowangel your easternbuddy best poundcake I've ever eaten
Made for PAC, this was a delicious cake. I served it topped with whipped cream and strawberries as suggested.