Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Massage about 2 tablespoons of this rub into your whole chicken, marinate overnight then roast or rotisserie, I even add in a couple of tablespoons to the flour when I am browning my beef for stews. This rub really adds life!
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt (the salt amount can be reduced for low-sodium diets)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store tighty covered in a glass jar in a cool place, or store in the refrigerator.
Very nice poultry seasoning. I used my roasted chicken method (Recipe #59580), allowing the chicken to 'dry' marinate for a day, before proceeding with the roasting technique. Very good flavour. Thanks Kitten.