Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is different from any other Chicken Poppy seed casserole out there. It's uniqueness comes form the dillweed and the broth cooked rice. I found this on another website and "tweaked" it to make it mine. I adore it! Also "light" ingredients can be substitued with no ill effects.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 4 cups cooked cubed poultry
- 3 cups cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed buttery crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion, celery, and mushrooms in the 2 T butter for 3-5 minutes, until still crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked veggies, soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, dillweed and wine.
- Mix well.
- Stir in cooked poultry and rice, again mixing well.
- Spread mixture into a lightly greased 9x13pan.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.