Michelle S.'s Note:
This is different from any other Chicken Poppy seed casserole out there. It's uniqueness comes form the dillweed and the broth cooked rice. I found this on another website and "tweaked" it to make it mine. I adore it! Also "light" ingredients can be substitued with no ill effects.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 4 cups cooked cubed poultry
- 3 cups cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed buttery crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Saute the onion, celery, and mushrooms in the 2 T butter for 3-5 minutes, until still crisp-tender.
- 3In a large bowl combine the cooked veggies, soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, dillweed and wine.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Stir in cooked poultry and rice, again mixing well.
- 6Spread mixture into a lightly greased 9x13pan.
- 7Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- 8Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poultry Poppy Seed Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.0
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 653.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: