Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is different from any other Chicken Poppy seed casserole out there. It's uniqueness comes form the dillweed and the broth cooked rice. I found this on another website and "tweaked" it to make it mine. I adore it! Also "light" ingredients can be substitued with no ill effects.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 4 cups cooked cubed poultry
- 3 cups cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed buttery crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion, celery, and mushrooms in the 2 T butter for 3-5 minutes, until still crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked veggies, soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, dillweed and wine.
- Mix well.
- Stir in cooked poultry and rice, again mixing well.
- Spread mixture into a lightly greased 9x13pan.
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Oh yumm! This was a wonderfully creamy blend, bursting with chicken, and perked up with the taste of the poppy seeds. Easy, and I know the leftovers will be super. Thanks Michelle!
This IS different from my favorite Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole and has now replaced it! I loved the addition of the onions, celery, dill and mushrooms. The rice cooked in chicken stock sent it over the top! Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe, Michelle!