Recipe by Mille®
These delicate patties are made with left-over turkey, or they could equally well be made with chicken. Make them in advance and refrigerate so that the mixture has time to cool and stiffen.
Top Review by vverkin925
This recipe certainly deserves *****. I prepared using turkey and Lennie's Rescued Turkey Stock and the flavor was great. This one will be high my husbands request list. Thanks!
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 5 fluid ounces good concentrated chicken stock
- 5 fluid ounces milk
- 4 ounces cooked turkey or 4 ounces chicken, minced or finely chopped
- 1 ounce cooked ham, minced or finely chopped
- 3 -4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, hard boiled,chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- dried breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a good heavy-based saucepan.
- Stir in the flour and let it bubble for a few moments, then start adding the chicken stock gradually, stirring until smooth between each addition.
- Add the milk, just enough to make a sauce that has the consistency of a paste.
- Stir in the turkey, ham, parsley, hard-boiled egg and seasoning.
- When these ingredients are thoroughly mixed in and the sauce is seasoned to your liking, spread the mixture just over 2 cm (½ inch) thick on an oiled plate and let it get quite cold in the refrigerator.
- Cut into 4 cm (1½ inch) squares, dip them first in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and fry in plenty of oil- not deep fat but about 2 cm (½ inch) deep- in a frying pan- turning them over once, so that they are golden brown all over.
- Serve hot, well drained, with a green salad, and fresh tomato sauce.