Recipe by AliciaGski
Versatile recipe modified from the October Baltimore Sun newspaper. Unusual, change from the tomatoe-based spaghetti sauces. Entirely worth buying the bottle of sherry. Great with leftover turkey.
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb poultry, cut to bite size
- 1 small onion, cut into slivers
- 3 pears, cored,cut to bite size (peeled-optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried craisins (dried sweet cranberries) or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- While pasta is cooking according to directions (even spaghetti works well in this recipe) heat oil, onions, and poultry in a skillet till brown.
- Measure or prepare the other ingredients then add all (but the pasta) to the onions and poultry.
- Cook over medium-high heat until all ingredients are hot.
- Drain and serve pasta with a serving of the hot mix on top.