1/1 Photo of Poulet Vèronique
Adapted by me from my copy of '365 Ways to Cook Chicken' cookbook and several online recipes. I used both green and red grapes for added color. Serve with simple sides such as saffron rice or roasted new potatoes; lightly steamed seasonal vegetables or an uncomplicated mesclun salad. Elegant yet easy main dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- unbleached flour, for dredging
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 6 skinless chicken thighs (can sub three breasts if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we tested a 2006 riesling by Territorial Winery here in Oregon)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 lb green seedless grape
- 1/4 lb red seedless grapes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Pound the chicken thighs to roughly 1/4" thickness but no more than 1/2".
- 2Heat the butter and oil in a large sautè pan on medium heat.
- 3Combine the flour and garlic powder and lightly dredge the chicken pieces. Tip: I use a fine mesh strainer and lightly and evenly sprinkled the flour on the chicken.
- 4Brown chicken on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- 5Remove chicken to a warming plate.
- 6Deglaze the pan with the white wine and chicken stock, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- 7Whisk in the Dijon mustard, bringing mixture to a boil until the liquid has reduced and thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the heavy cream. Place the chicken thighs back in the pan along with the grapes.
- 9Heat through until warm (but *not* boiling), stirring mixture often for about 2-3 minutes; lowering the heat further if necessary.
- 10Transfer chicken to a platter, pour the cream sauce over the chicken then season with salt and pepper.
- 11Garnish with lemon zest and fresh parsley or French tarragon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poulet Vèronique
Serving Size: 1 (890 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.4
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt-free garlic powder