Recipe by Nif
I enjoy Momaphet's Poulet Rôti (Roast Chicken) but I was out most of the day. I made this into a crock pot dish so I wouldn't have to watch it and it wouldn't overcook! It turned out very moist and flavourful and the mix of herbs was great! PLEASE NOTE - you do not need to brown the chicken or make the gravy - but the extra touches are darn good! I am thrilled to have a crock pot that has a thermometer and just keeps the meat warm when it's fully cooked. It comes in very handy! Made for ZWT8, Enjoy!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Absolutely divine! The final results give you a flavorful and moist chicken! Love the rosemary and garlic especially in this recipe. Messy fingers lead to a super-dee-duper meal! Thanks for tweaking a recipe into a crock pot preparation! It turned out perfectly. Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together the thyme, rosemary, minced garlic, pepper, salt and olive oil. With your hands, completely cover the chicken with the herb mixture. Get your fingers under the skin on the breast and add it there too.
- Roll up 3 or 4 pieces of tin foil into 3" balls and place in the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top of foil balls and set crock pot to low. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and the juice drips off. Cook for 5 - 6 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken from pot and place in an ovenproof dish. Place chicken under the broiler in the oven until the skin is nicely browned. Remove from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour all juices from the crock pot into a small saucepan. Add enough chicken stock to make approximately 2 cups total.
- Mix cornstarch into cold water and whisk together. Pour cornstarch mixture into the drippings and whisk well. Turn burner heat to medium and, stirring occasionally, bring to a low boil and remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken and serve with gravy.