Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
For those who want just enough for dinner, just breast meat, no leftovers--a succulent way to roast a chicken breast and have some stuffing too. From Chicago's Cafe Matou. Think of the panade as a base--be creative--add what you like. Note: If you can't get whole breasts, buy two chickens, bone out the whole breast, keeping the skin in tact, and use the balance of the birds for fricasees, stock, or whatever.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine butter, garlic, salt, pepper, tarragon, mustard, shallot and bread crumbs to form a panade.
- Stuff chicken breasts under the skin with the butter panade.
- Roast chicken breasts for 25 minutes at 450°.
- Serve with pan juices.
- Note: This is VERY buttery--you can cut back on the butter, sub some olive oil for the butter. You can also double up on the panade (but not the butter) and roast any excess stuffing in a baking dish beside the chicken.