minnie chef's Note:
Sautéed chicken in a dijon and white wine sauce. No one ever knows, but this is one of the easiest meals to make! To make the sauce you use the same pan in which you sautéed the chicken. The tasty caramelized bits and left-over fat is what you will be adding the wine and other ingredients to. This is called deglazing. It seems fancy, but it really is simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound 2 or 3 chicken breasts till thin.
- 2Dredge in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Saute in oil (just enough oil, not too much) until brown on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 4Sauce: Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup white wine. Allow to reduce.
- 5Add 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard. Stir.
- 6Add 3/4 cup of heavy cream. Simmer gently for a few minutes and serve poured over chicken.
- 7NOTE: To keep leftover chicken crusty, I refrigerate the sauce in a separate container.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poulet Dijon (Dijon Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.3
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 215.0 mg
- Sodium 296.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 32.7 g