Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sautéed chicken in a dijon and white wine sauce. No one ever knows, but this is one of the easiest meals to make! To make the sauce you use the same pan in which you sautéed the chicken. The tasty caramelized bits and left-over fat is what you will be adding the wine and other ingredients to. This is called deglazing. It seems fancy, but it really is simple!
- Pound 2 or 3 chicken breasts till thin.
- Dredge in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
- Saute in oil (just enough oil, not too much) until brown on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Sauce: Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup white wine. Allow to reduce.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard. Stir.
- Add 3/4 cup of heavy cream. Simmer gently for a few minutes and serve poured over chicken.
- NOTE: To keep leftover chicken crusty, I refrigerate the sauce in a separate container.
Greetings from Portugal. Mmmmm this was so easy to prepare,and tasted wonderful!!!!!!!!! I served it with white rice and a green tossed salad. Made a very lovely meal. Thanks for sharing this simple yet very tasty dish with all of us at Zaar minnie chef.