My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken in 1 cm cubes. Marinate the chicken in the wine, egg white, soy sauce, sugar, and salt for twenty minutes.
- 2Toast the almonds until they are speckled brown.
- 3Dice the scallions into 2 cm. pieces.
- 4Finely chop the ginger.
- 5Mix the cornstarch (thickener) well in one Tbsp. cold water.
- 6Heat the pan for 30 seconds on high heat. Add peanut oil and heat the pan 30 seconds more.
- 7Add the chicken. Cook for 7 minutes while stirring.
- 8Add the almonds, the scallions, and the ginger. Allow the mixture to cook 2 minutes.
- 9Incorporate the cornstarch mixture. Lower the flame to low heat. While turning, allow the mixture to cook one minute until all ingredients are lightly glazed.
- 10Pour the contents of the pan on a heated plate and serve immediately.
- 121. You can replace the chicken with pork or ham. The cooking time for the meat would have to be increased from 7 to 12 minutes.
- 132. You can replace the almonds with pine nuts or cashews. You must toast the pine nuts, but you do not need to cook them with the other ingredients. You would sprinkle them on the completed dish when serving.
- 143. You may add to the dish 1/4 lb. peeled shrimp, allowing it to be cooked for three minutes with the chicken.
- 154. Instead of the scallions you may substitute small onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poulet Aux Amandes - Almond Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.8
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 629.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: