Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cut the chicken in 1 cm cubes. Marinate the chicken in the wine, egg white, soy sauce, sugar, and salt for twenty minutes.
- Toast the almonds until they are speckled brown.
- Dice the scallions into 2 cm. pieces.
- Finely chop the ginger.
- Mix the cornstarch (thickener) well in one Tbsp. cold water.
- Heat the pan for 30 seconds on high heat. Add peanut oil and heat the pan 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken. Cook for 7 minutes while stirring.
- Add the almonds, the scallions, and the ginger. Allow the mixture to cook 2 minutes.
- Incorporate the cornstarch mixture. Lower the flame to low heat. While turning, allow the mixture to cook one minute until all ingredients are lightly glazed.
- Pour the contents of the pan on a heated plate and serve immediately.
- 1. You can replace the chicken with pork or ham. The cooking time for the meat would have to be increased from 7 to 12 minutes.
- 2. You can replace the almonds with pine nuts or cashews. You must toast the pine nuts, but you do not need to cook them with the other ingredients. You would sprinkle them on the completed dish when serving.
- 3. You may add to the dish 1/4 lb. peeled shrimp, allowing it to be cooked for three minutes with the chicken.
- 4. Instead of the scallions you may substitute small onions.