Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This sounds Good! I found it on another site and I'm posting it for Zaar World Tour 5 for the Carribbean.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 907.18 g chicken (Cubed )
- 1 large onion (Chopped )
- 2 garlic cloves (Chopped )
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 354.88 ml coconut milk (Or Chicken Broth )
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 1 bunch green onion (Chopped )
- 59.16 ml parsley (Chopped )
- salt and pepper (To Taste)
- Saute chicken in butter until browned.
- Add onion, garlic, curry powder and saffron. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk or broth, thyme, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
This is a great original recipe! I lightened it up a bit for someone who needed something lower in fat for medical reasons. The skin and bones were removed and the meat was sauteed in olive oil instead of butter. Chicken broth with 2 teaspoons of coconut extract was used to simmer the mixture to retain the coconut flavor. It makes a great meal served over rice.
I added about 2 tablespoons of ginger powder ,garnished with fresh cilantro and squeeze of lemon (which help bring out those Indian spices). I felt the recipe was slightly...flat without those additions, however I was missing Thyme....
Great recipe. I left out the saffron and green onions and threw in some potatoes (I love how they taste with the curry sauce). I only had about half the amount of coconut milk needed so I used the broth in addition to it. I also used about 2 tbsp of curry... misread the recipe but it turned out great so oh well!!