1/1 Photo of Poulet Au Fromage Boursin (Chicken W/ Boursin Cheese)
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in a PLCB "Taste" magazine ("Bistro Classics" segment) and I am posting for safe keeping. It sounds rich and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 2 (294.83 g) wheels boursin cheese (Garlic & Fine Herbs Boursin cheese is what you should use but it wasn't a recognized ingredient)
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 78.07 ml veal demi-glace
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Warm oil in a 9" saute pan over High heat.
- 2When oil is hot, reduce heat to Medium-High and add chicken. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 12 minutes), turning occasionally to keep from burning. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 3Wipe the pan clean of oil.
- 4Add shallots and cook over Medium-High heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add wine to deglaze pan, stirring with a spoon to scrape the bottom of pan, and cook until liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- 6Add heavy cream, demi-glace, cheese, red peppers, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir until cheese is incorporated and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 8Serve chicken topped with Boursin sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poulet Au Fromage Boursin (Chicken W/ Boursin Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.7
- Calories from Fat 660
- Total Fat 73.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 271.8 mg
- Sodium 157.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: