Recipe by evelyn/athens
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs napped generously with a rich, creamy mustardy sauce. Vraiment superbe!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Delicious creamy chicken pasta dish! Loved how the flavors mingled. We also doubled the sauce which we sopped up with freshly made ABM bread. Thanks for creating this dish and good luck!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 3 -4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- cooked noodles or rice or mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- I find it easier to cut my chicken into small pieces if it is only partially-thawed (if frozen), or I put it in the freezer for about an hour to firm it up, then cut.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tblsp of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking; brown chicken and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining tblsp of oil until hot but not smoking and saute onions and mushrooms, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add Sherry and deglaze skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
- Stir in broth, cream cheese, garlic, mustard and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Boil gently for 3 minutes, whisking to incorporate cream cheese and mustard into sauce. Add chicken and any juices that have collected in bowl and cook 8-10 minutes longer. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Arrange noodles or rice or mashed potatoes on a platter, spoon chicken and sauce over and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bon appetit!