This recipe is to die for! A classic French Canadian desert loved by many.
Make and share this Pouding Chomeur ( Poor Man's Pudding ) With Maple Syrup Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar till the mix is light.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Alternate flour mix and milk to the butter mix.
- Pour into a 13 inch by 9 inch greased pan.
- MAPLE SAUCE.
- In a large casserole, bring to boil the syrup, brown sugar, cream and butter and constantly stir.
- Reduce heat and and gently cook 2 minutes or till sauce has reduced a little bit.
- Pour sauce gently over cake.
- Bake at 325°f (160°c) about 35 minutes or till cake is light brown and when toothpick inserted comes out clean.