1/2 Photos of Pouding Chomeur ( Poor Man's Pudding ) With Maple Syrup Sauce
I HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL BOYS's Note:
This recipe is to die for! A classic French Canadian desert loved by many.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar till the mix is light.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- 4In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- 5Alternate flour mix and milk to the butter mix.
- 6Pour into a 13 inch by 9 inch greased pan.
- 7MAPLE SAUCE.
- 8In a large casserole, bring to boil the syrup, brown sugar, cream and butter and constantly stir.
- 9Reduce heat and and gently cook 2 minutes or till sauce has reduced a little bit.
- 10Pour sauce gently over cake.
- 11Bake at 325°f (160°c) about 35 minutes or till cake is light brown and when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pouding Chomeur ( Poor Man's Pudding ) With Maple Syrup Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.0
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 67.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g