Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From A Taste of Quebec by Julian Armstrong.
Make and share this Pouding Aux Pommes Au Sirop D'erable (Apple Maple Pudding) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cooking apples, large or 6 small apples, peeled cut into chunks
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb melted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Arrange apples in a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the maple syrup over apples, stirring to coat well, and spread in an even.
- In a bowl, combine beaten egg, butter and lemon juice with remaining 1/2.
- cup maple syrup.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter evenly over apple pieces.
- Bake in preheated 375 deg F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with unsweetened whipped cream, if desired.
I have this cookbook and love this recipe. However this list of ingredients has a typo - it should be 1 Tablespoon melted butter and not 1 IB.