1/1 Photo of Pouding Au Chomeur
This is VERY easy to make and absolutely wonderful. It disappears quickly!! I got the recipe from my friend in Quebec. The original was brought over from France when the first settlers arrived in "Nouvelle France" or Quebec. Somewhere over time it became "Grand-pere" when someone substituted maple syrup for the brown sugar/water mix. Both versions are INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! It is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream or cool whip. It also good served cold or room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix the first six ingredients together in a deep baking dish (the deeper the better to prevent spills).
- 3This is the"batter".
- 4Combine the boiling water,3/4 cup brown sugar and nutmeg.
- 5Pour over the top of the"batter".
- 6Bake 30 minutes at 350.
- 7**NOTE:To make Grand-pere instead, replace the 2 cups boiling water and 3/4 cup brown sugar with 3/4 cup boiling water and 2 cups maple syrup- omit the nutmeg.
- 8Either version is equally delicious.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pouding Au Chomeur
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 52.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g