For the potted Stilton
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn
- 4 leaves parsley
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- salt and black pepper
- toasted rye bread
- salad leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the butter and Stilton together with a fork.
- Add the port and peppercorns and mash until thoroughly combined.
- Season with black pepper and a touch of salt.
- Spoon into 4 ramekins and push down to create a smooth surface.
- Push a parsley leaf into the top of each one and then cover with clarified butter. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the pots from the fridge and leave for 20 minutes to reach room temperature. Serve with the toasted bread and mixed leaves.