Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A must for blue-cheese fiends. A traditional farmhouse recipe from The British Isles by Sue Ashworth. Will keep up to 2 weeks if wrapped and refrigerated.
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 350 g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 60 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place butter into a mixing bowl and beat until soft.
- Add Stilton cheese and beat with butter until creamy (not smooth).
- Work breadcrumbs into mixture and add port until combined.
- Place mixture into an earthenware pot or ramekin dishes, cover and refrigerate.
- Allow Stilton to reach room temperature before serving.
- Serve with crackers or fresh crusty bread.
Excellent!! Took me some time to convert to US measurments but was worth it.