Prep 1 hr 6 mins
Cook 5 mins
A mediterranean dish loved by all
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 teaspoon heaped mixed spice
- 8 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Gently fry the shrimps, salt pepper, spices and paprika in 2oz butter.
- remove from heat and let it cool.
- beat the other 6 oz butter in a bowl until creamed. Mix in the shrimp mixture.
- put into a well oiled mould and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
This isn't a mediterranean dish its english and originates from Morecambe in Lancashire(Morecambe bay potted shrimps). The traditional recipe is 110g/40z butter,pinch of cayenne pepper,pinch of ground nutmeg,570ml/1 pint picked brown shrimp and seasoning!Hope you don't think i'm being a clever dick writing this buts its are heritage and something we love and are proud of!