In 'From the Ground Up' by James Villas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat; add the scallions and bay leaf, and stir until soft.
- 2Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste; stir until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the sherry, increase the heat, and boil until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
- 4Discard the bay leaf, transfer the shrimp to a cutting board and finely dice.
- 5In a bowl, combine the remaining 5 tablespoons butter and the cream cheese and stir until well blended and smooth.
- 6Add the shrimp, scallion mixture, lemon juice, and chives and stir until well blended.
- 7Scrape the spread into a 1 1/2 cup crock and chill for at least 2 hours before serving with crackers or toast points.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potted Shrimp Spread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.1 mg
- Sodium 377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g