Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe uses leftover turkey and works well spread on thinly sliced sour dough bread with dill pickles, gherkins and pickled beets.
- 8 ounces leftover cooked turkey, brown and white meat
- 3 ounces softened butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of, only
- butter, for melting
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend, leaving a bit of texture.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins, packing down firmly and put in the fridge to chill.
- When turkey mixture is firm, melt extra butter and pour over top of each ramekin to seal and return to the fridge to set.
- This dish should be served at room temperature so take it out of the fridge shortly before serving.