Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My brother found this recipe in an old cookbook published in the 1920’s I think this originally came from a turn of the century cookbook that was reprinted in the ‘20’s.Potted ham is a good way to use up leftovers from any ham. Smoked ham works particularly well. The recipe can be doubled or reduced as necessary.
- Dice ham into cubes removing rind, gristle and excess fat.
- In food processor, rough grind the ham, if necessary, some at a time, so processor doesn't bog down. Transfer ground meat to a bowl.
- When ham is ground, put it back into the food processor grinding bowl and add the mayonnaise and spices.
- Turn on processor and homogenize until all ingredients are finely chopped and to the consistency of a smooth paste.
- Serve spread on bread for sandwich, on crackers or toast points for hors d'oeuvres.