Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 3 -4 lbs elk rump roast
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 lb carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 lb onion, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 package onion soup mix
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Brown meat on four sides.
- Remove meat from skillet and place in a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except flour.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat falls apart with a fork.
- Remove meat and vegetables to serving platter.
- Keep warm.
- Blend flour into 1 cup broth.
- Place in saucepan with remaining broth and bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until thick.
- Serve with sliced meat and vegetables.
- Serves 4-6.
Excellent flavor! And fast prep time. I like to add celery and substitute 1 cup beef boullion for onion soup. I also like this receipe for moose and beef.
Quick and easy prep. Be very generous with the salt and pepper. Didn't seem like enough veggies for the amount of meat; I would definitely add more next time. Thanks.