Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Must be Grandma Viv's.
- 118.29 ml dried large lima beans
- 1 onion, sliced
- 14.79 ml oil
- garlic powder
- 907.18-1360.77 g roasting chickens, cut into parts
- Soak lima beans overnight in 3 cups cold water; drain. Place beans in bottom of a heavy pot.
- Brown onion in oil. Layer onions on top of beans.
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder with a small amount of water, just enough to make a thick paste. Smear this paste on the chicken parts and layer them on top of onions.
- Add enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook about 1 hour. Serve with rice.