Recipe by Houmous Monster
A wonderful mix of mature flavours give a surprising sophistication to this simple recipe. Perfect for cheese and wine and an ideal gift for Christmas.
- 225 g grated cheshire cheese
- 50 g softened butter
- 1 dash ground mace or 1 dash allspice
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry or 2 tablespoons madeira wine
- melted butter, for sealing
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cheese,softened butter and spice. You may need to adjust the amount of butter depending on how dry the cheese is. Beat thoroughly. Add the sherry and mix through.
- Press the mixture into small pots or ramekins and smooth down the top.
- Pour a layer of melted butter over the top to seal, and refrigerate. Give time for flavours to blend.
- Remove from refrigerator one hour before serving.