Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mixture of tangy cheddar, Port wine, and Dijon mustard combine to make a terrific spread to nibble on while dinner is cooking.
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced and at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup ruby port
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- assorted cracker
- Combine cheese, Port, butter, mustard, and pepper in processor. Blend until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add onions, using on/off turns, process until blended. Transfer spread to a small bowl or crock. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- Place bowl of spread on a platter. Surround with crackers and serve.
Looks yummy! Can't wait to try.