Recipe by Darlene Summers
When my girls were small and we would have a linger longer at our church and we didn't have a lot of money to make anything very fancy, this was what I came up with one time. My girls liked it so much that they started to make it at home and for their lunch to take to school.
Top Review by CookBookCollector
Thanks SO much Darlene! This whipped up almost like a mousse. It was so creamy. I layered crustless white bread and made a mini potted cheese torte!! Am going to try it as a dip for the holidays. Thanks again!
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) canspotted meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 loaf white bread or 1 loaf whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese and potted meat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Spread on 1 slice of bread and cover with another to make a sandwich; cut sandwich diagonally and then diagonally again.
- Stand on crust side on a plate with points up.
- Serve cold.