Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my girls were small and we would have a linger longer at our church and we didn't have a lot of money to make anything very fancy, this was what I came up with one time. My girls liked it so much that they started to make it at home and for their lunch to take to school.
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) canspotted meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 loaf white bread or 1 loaf whole wheat bread
- Combine cream cheese and potted meat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Spread on 1 slice of bread and cover with another to make a sandwich; cut sandwich diagonally and then diagonally again.
- Stand on crust side on a plate with points up.
- Serve cold.
Thanks SO much Darlene! This whipped up almost like a mousse. It was so creamy. I layered crustless white bread and made a mini potted cheese torte!! Am going to try it as a dip for the holidays. Thanks again!
Good and easy. It is better served cold. I ate the leftovers dip style with crackers!