Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs 30 mins
Serve this cheese spread with an assortment of crackers and melba toast. Great tasting. Sustitute other cheese E.G. Blue or White cheddar. The number of servings will vary depending on what else you serve.
- 1 lb aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup fresh green onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon hot English mustard, prepared
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped,toasted
- Beat together the grated cheddar and cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add the green onion,parsley, sherry, mayo, mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire, and cayenne.
- Mix well.
- Pack into a wide mouth crock or other attrative dish.
- Cover with cooled toasted almond.
- Cover& chill 24 hours.
- Bring to room Temperature 30 minutes before serving.
This is the first time made and already is a favourite and will be repeated many times, with different types of cheese. Every one wants the recipe. I had no "hot english mustard" so I added dry mustard powder to the mayo with a teaspoon of hot creamed horseradish, tasting as I went, until I got the heat I wanted. Also did not have any almonds around, so I used walnuts. I cut the sugar to 2 teaspoons,(for the diabetic). Got rave reviews, Thank-you Bergy!!! Dorothy
I've wanted to make this for a long time and finally got around to it. I made the whole recipe and froze 3/4 of it in small amounts for future use. It is just a fabulous cheese dip. Easy to prepare and a great taste. Loved it. Thanks Bergy.