Recipe by Bergy
Serve this cheese spread with an assortment of crackers and melba toast. Great tasting. Sustitute other cheese E.G. Blue or White cheddar. The number of servings will vary depending on what else you serve.
Top Review by Derf
This is the first time made and already is a favourite and will be repeated many times, with different types of cheese. Every one wants the recipe. I had no "hot english mustard" so I added dry mustard powder to the mayo with a teaspoon of hot creamed horseradish, tasting as I went, until I got the heat I wanted. Also did not have any almonds around, so I used walnuts. I cut the sugar to 2 teaspoons,(for the diabetic). Got rave reviews, Thank-you Bergy!!! Dorothy
- 1 lb aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup fresh green onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon hot English mustard, prepared
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped,toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the grated cheddar and cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add the green onion,parsley, sherry, mayo, mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire, and cayenne.
- Mix well.
- Pack into a wide mouth crock or other attrative dish.
- Cover with cooled toasted almond.
- Cover& chill 24 hours.
- Bring to room Temperature 30 minutes before serving.