Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellent on crackers, sandwiches or apples.
Make and share this Potted Cheddar Cheese Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces beer
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl combine the cheese and beer.
- Give it a good stir and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients-mix very well.
- Pack into airtight containers and store in the fridge for 1 month or the freezer for 3 months.
Thanks for this one Diana. I loved the beer-cheese flavor combination. The seasonings are perfect and I would not change a thing. I put these in 1 c. freezer containers and can take them out and use when ready. I spread this on crackers for my lunch. Wonderful.
I wasn't crazy about this when I made it and took it to a party--I liked the taste, but it seemed a bit watery. I froze the remainder and WOW!--after thawing it out it's a great consistency, the flavor is even more distinctive, and it's very, very spreadable! I will certainly make it again.