Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This vegan recipe translates to "Cheese Soup." It reminds me of the broccoli cheese soup from Panera Bread.
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Steam fresh chopped broccoli until al dente. Set aside.
- Put half of the water (1.75 cups) in blender. Add cashews, salt, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, dill and pimientos. Blend on high until creamy. Pour into large pot. Add remaining 1.75 cups of water to pot.
- After the soup base is in the pan, add steamed broccoli and shredded carrots. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until slightly thickened and broccoli is tender.